HOW DO YOU DO IT?
We are all unique. We all have different tastes; different ways of doing things. This also extends to how we brew our Striker Coffee.
From our humble beginnings, we have tried and tested all methods of brewing. Through the years, we've received plenty of feedback from the awesome individuals who have tried our blends.
These are what we have found are the favourite methods:
FRENCH PRESS / PLUNGER
- Start with your preferred blend of Striker Coffee
- Preheat your cup and French Press/plunger with hot boiled water
- Add to the plunger, one rounded tablespoon of Striker Coffee per cup (e.g. if you will be making 4 cups of coffee, add 4 teaspoons of ground coffee)
- Add the required number of cups of freshly boiled water. Replace the lid.
- Good fresh coffee will create a slightly creamy look as carbon dioxide is released.
- Wait no more than a few minutes, then depress the plunger slowly to avoid spillage, and to keep all the coffee below the mesh. It is safest to place the plunger on a non-slip surface.
- Remove the plunger and the cap from the chamber
- Put a filter inside the cap and twist the cap onto the chamber
- Stand the chamber on a sturdy mug
- Put your favourite ground Striker Coffee blend into the chamber using the AeroPress scoop – one scoop for each espresso
- Pour heated water slowly into the chamber up to the number that corresponds to your number of espresso cups
- Mix the water and coffee together with the AeroPress stirrer for about 10 seconds
- Wet the rubber seal and insert the plunger into the chamber, Gently and slowly press the plunger slowly downwards
- Invert the AeroPress as you lift it off the cup
- Divide your espresso servings using the scoop
- Start with your favourite blend of Striker Coffee
- Unscrew the pot and fill the base with fresh cold water, up to the level of the safety valve
- Insert the filter basket and fill it to the top with ground Striker Coffee. Clean any loose grinds of coffee from the rim of the filter basket
- Screw the top and base firmly together
- Place the pot on the stovetop on a medium heat; ensure that the flame (or electric hot plate) does not exceed the circumference of the base of the pot. This way you won’t burn the handle. Don’t leave the room as the process only takes 3 to 5 minutes
- When you hear the sound of percolation, remove the pot from the heat source within 10 to 15 seconds. Serve immediately.
- Start with delicious ground Striker Coffee
- Preheat your serving cup with hot boiled water
- Use a clean filter paper each time in the dripper. Place the dripper over a carafe or cup.
- Fill the filter with the quantity of coffee you require (approximately 1 tablespoon per 100mls of water)
- Add freshly boiled water slowly, in a circular motion, to allow for the correct rate of extraction. The pour should take approximately 15 seconds. Give the coffee an additional 30 seconds to drip before resuming with the second pour.
- Starting in the center of the grounds, pour in a steady spiral towards the edge and then back toward the center. Be sure to pour all the way out to the edge to ensure grounds don’t get trapped in there. Allow 45-60 seconds to elapse before the final pour.
- Using the same pattern as the second pour, this pour should take about 20 seconds.
- When the water and coffee from the third pour drops to the bottom of the filter, remove the dripper and enjoy a fine cup of Striker Coffee.
So, these are the Top Four methods. If the way you make your coffee is not listed, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know how you make your Striker Coffee, we’d love to hear from you!
The Striker Co. Family